Currently Available Plug-in Hybrid EVs (PHEVs) – US (As of December 23, 2017)
As of December 23, 2017 there are 26 plug-in electric hybrid vehicles available in the US. BMW offers five PHEVs, Mercedes-Benz and Volvo each have three available PHEV models, followed by Ford, GM and Porsche with two each.
A few key statistics:
- Average battery-only range is 22.8 miles
- Median range is 21.0 miles
- Average MSRP is $55,391
- Median MSRP is $44,875
- Chevrolet Volt has the highest battery-only range at 53 miles and also the lowest cost per mile of range at $643
- Mercedes C350e has the honor of the least battery-only range at a paltry 11 miles
- BMW’s i8 sports car has the honor of the highest MSRP at$143,400 and highest cost per mile of range at $9,560 based on its 15 miles of electric-only range.
Subscribe to our email alerts now!
Information as of December 23, 2017; Research and chart: EVAdoption.com
Interested in which pure battery electric vehicle (BEV) models are currently available in the US? Visit our EV Models page.