Currently Available Plug-in Hybrid EVs (PHEVs) – US (As of February 9, 2019)
As of February 9, 2019 there are 27 plug-in electric hybrid vehicles available in the US. BMW offers five, Mercedes-Benz four, and Volvo has three available PHEV models. Ford, GM, Porsche, Kia, and Hyundai offer two PHEVs in the US.
A few key statistics:
- Average (mean) battery-only range is 23.1 miles
- Median range is 21.0 miles
- Average (mean) MSRP is $55,347
- Median MSRP is $46,050
- Chevrolet Volt has the highest battery-only range at 53 miles and also the lowest cost per mile of range at $643, followed by the Honda Clarity PHEV at 47 miles and $711 per mile of range.
- Mercedes C350e has the honor of the least battery-only range at a paltry 11 miles.
- The BMW i8 has the honor of the highest MSRP at $143,400 and highest cost per mile of range at $9,560 based on its 15 miles of electric-only range.
|Make / Model|
|Audi A3 Sportback e-tron||PHEV||16||$38,900||$2,431||Participating Audi dealerships|
|BMW 740e xDrive||PHEV||28||$90,095||$3,218|
|BMW X5 xDrive 40e||PHEV||14||$63,200||$4,514|
|Cadillac CT6 Plug- in||PHEV||31||$75,095||$2,422||AZ, CA, FL, GA, NV, OR, TX|
|Chevrolet Volt||PHEV||53||$34,095||$643||Throughout the US|
|Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid||PHEV||33||$41,995||$1,273|
|Ford Fusion Energi PHEV||PHEV||21||$33,120||$1,577|
|Honda Clarity PHEV||PHEV||47||$33,400||$711||Throughout the US|
|Hyundai IONIQ PHEV||PHEV||29||$24,950||$860||Most states / Participating dealers|
|Hyundai Sonata PHEV||PHEV||27||$34,600||$1,281||CA,CT,ME,MD,MA,NY,NJ,OR,RI,VT|
|Kia Niro PHEV||PHEV||26||$27,900||$1,073||Participating dealers|
|Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid||PHEV||29||$35,210||$1,214|
|Mercedes GLC 350e||PHEV||15||$49,990||$3,333|
|Mercedes S550 PHEV||PHEV||20||$95,650||$4,783|
|Mini Cooper S E Countryman All4||PHEV||12||$36,800||$3,067|
|Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV||PHEV||22||$34,595||$1,573|
|Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid||PHEV||14||$79,900||$5,707|
|Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid||PHEV||16||$99,600||$6,225|
|Toyota Prius Prime||PHEV||25||$27,100||$1,084||May not be available in Gulf States|
|Volvo S90 T8 PHEV||PHEV||21||$64,645||$3,078|
|Volvo XC90 PHEV||PHEV||17||$67,800||$3,988|
|Volvo XC60 T8 PHEV||PHEV||18||$53,895||$2,994|
Subscribe to our email alerts now!
Information as of February 9, 2019; Research and chart: EVAdoption.com
Interested in which pure battery electric vehicle (BEV) models are currently available in the US? Visit our EV Models page.