Trying to keep up with news, announcements, trends and developments happening in the world of electric vehicles (EVs) is becoming overwhelming. So how do you keep up with the volume of EV news and try and make sense if it all?
There are dozens and dozens of sites and blogs covering electric vehicles, but the following are my personal favorites and top “go to” websites for reliable EV information. The sites are listed in alphabetical order:
- Charged – Electric Vehicles Magazine: A site that has a strong leaning toward the business side of electric vehicles, “Charged” is also an actual magazine, with both print and digital versions. Beyond general EV news, the site has job listings and a section for white papers and webinars. In addition to the business-oriented content, the site often goes a bit deeper on technical and new product development topics for EV batteries and chargers. Follow the site on Twitter at @ChargedEVs.
- CleanTechnica: Covers all areas of greentech, but a significant percentage of the articles are about EVs, legislation, charging and battery developments. There is a sister site, EVObsession, but the same articles run on both sites. Led by the editor, Zachary Shahan (@zshahan3), the site leverages dozens of contributing writers (including yours truly). The site has a lot of international coverage, can be fairly political at times and has a pretty healthy comments section. Follow the site on Twitter at @CleanTechnica.
- Electrek.co: Excellent site that tends to be very Tesla-centric, but frequently has news (especially on Tesla) before anyone else. Editor Fred Lambert (@FredericLambert) is notorious for getting Elon Musk to engage in Twitter discussions to confirm rumors or speculation on upcoming features or developments on things such as faster Superchargers. The blog content tends to focus on EVs probably about 75% of the time, with Tesla comprising half or more of that, and the rest on solar, wind and other renewable energy topics. Follow Electrek on Twitter at @ElectrekCo.
- Green Car Reports: Perhaps the deepest site on electric vehicles, GCR has a wide swath of content from breaking industry news, to test drives, EV guides, videos, model information and more. The site has a very active comments section. Senior editor John Voelcker is a long-time auto-industry reporter and you can follow him on Twitter at @JohnVoelcker. Green Car Reports also has a pretty nifty iOS mobile app.
- InsideEVs: Dedicated exclusively to covering not only breaking news, “but to examine the how, what and why of electric vehicles.” The site has a core group of auto industry and EV writers, including founder/Editor-In-Chief Jay Cole, and a about a dozen other frequent and occasional contributors. Besides great analysis on trends and breaking news, my personal favorite aspect of the site is its Monthly Plug-In Sales Scorecard, arguably the most timely and comprehensive tracking of plug-in hybrid and pure battery EV model sales on the Internet. Follow InsideEVs on Twitter at @InsideEVs.
- Plug-In America: Website from the leading US association promoting awareness of electric vehicles and programs such as National Drive Electric Week. As an association site, Plug-In America excels in providing a lot of tools and resources for consumers to determine if an EV is right for them, find the the right model, learn about national and state incentives and more. Follow Plug-In America on Twitter at @pluginamerica.org.
- Teslarati: As the name implies, this site is all about Tesla news – vehicles, battery storage, solar and anything to do with Elon Musk. The site has a convenient mobile app for both Apple iOS and Android devices if you like to easily read articles on a tablet or smartphone. Follow Teslarati on Twitter at @Teslarati.
There are obviously many other EV sites, but these seven above are just my go to. If you think I’m missing out on an amazing EV site, please let me know in the comments section.
Thanks for sharing the information.This helps trying to keep up with news, announcements, trends and developments happening in the world of electric vehicles (EVs).
I’ve started a new blog that focuses on EVs in the Great Plains region. I’ll admit I’m still finding my footing but you can check it out at https://greatplainsev.blogspot.com/
Check out also https://www.evspecifications.com
Thanks, great site – just added to the list.
Thanks for sharing the information this will help me a lot
You can check out my electric vehicles site https://www.electrichunter.com/ .
it’s a very nice blog for gathering information about electric vehicle opportunities and the scope of it’s.
as we know that our government also wants improvement in e vehicle because of a huge problem of pollution.
Comments are closed.