Looking for recent electric vehicle sales (registration) numbers and sales share by US state? Did you know that:
- In Q2 2022, three states/districts (California, District of Columbia, and Washington) have a combined sales share for alternative powertrain vehicles (BEV, PHEV, FCEV, and Hybrid) of at least 25%.
- Five states had EV (BEV + PHEV) sales share in Q2 of less than 2% (Arkansas, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming.)
- Four states (California, Colorado, Nevada, and New Jersey) had a higher EV (BEV + PHEV) sales share in Q2 2022 than regular hybrid sales share.
Uncover these and other trends in this Excel spreadsheet where you will find 2022 vehicle sales and share by type of powertrain for each US state and the District of Columbia for the following time periods:
- H1 (Q1 + Q2)
- Q2 vs Q1 (net difference)
The file includes sales (registrations) and sales share for the following powertrain types and combinations:
- Fuel cell (FCEV)
- BEV (battery electric vehicle)
- PHEV (plug-in hybrid)
- HEV (regular, non-plug in hybrid)
- Total alternative powertrain sales (FCEV + BEV + PHEV + HEV)
- Total EV (BEV + PHEV)
- Hybrid – EV (Net difference between hybrid and EV (BEV + PHEV) sales and share)
- *Estimated ICE (internal combustion engine) sales – *calculated based on alternative powertrain sales and sales share percentages
- *Estimated total light passenger vehicle (all of the above) sales
The Excel spreadsheet also includes definitions of each column of data.